Integration Debate

 IPG Teknik, Kuala Lumpur [winning the essentials]. 08/07/2012 
I know not the taste of defeat, but I have learned that to be a winner, you must never be happy with it. You must be able to endure futility, inasmuch it will strengthen you; lest you'll be a loser from the very beginning. 
If you're wondering what's with the spirit, I participated in a national debate championship. I'm not the debater however, but one of the researchers. I was assigned to make thorough researches about this and that, and whatnot. Guess what, I've learned so many things.
I can't simply expect to know everything, having said that. To be a truthful man, the first thing that needs to be dealt is the reality that truth isn't always with/on you. This is how a winner  should reflect upon himself.
This is P. Sambathan, a motivational speaker from Tanjung Malim (perhaps). Though he has got nothing to do with truth's understanding, he asked a question that had shaken my very foundation of being a trying-to-be loyal man. He asked:
 "If you have one wish that God will surely grant for Malaysia, what will it be?"
Suddenly I found my"selves" debating amongst them. Some were standing for total freedom, whilst the other one, deemed solidarity and a much conservative side was asking for a unique, Malaysian way of governance. I cursed myself for the contradiction. Of course I want a Malaysia. I mean, One Malaysia; and I have got reasons for it.
Reformation.
 Fairness (but not necessarily equality) and just.
 I will ask Him to bless Malaysia. To send down `ilham wal hidayah (knowledge and guidance) to its leader.
Peace, tranquility and social understanding. Tolerance.
Well, what does being a winner, truthfulness and nationalism have got anything to do with all these P. Sambathan's one wish?
I wish the entire entry will be granted by God :)

4 comments:

Mohd Ikhwan WaoNe said...

I saw a familiar face there, among the girls. might perhaps know her or just her kembar :\

Sven Medyona said...

Which one? I can help you sorting it out.

Mohd Ikhwan WaoNe said...

the girl in pink with spectacles. Aina?

Sven Medyona said...

Don't and can't recognize her. I'll ask someone else, later.